Enjoy plenty of chances to spot Great White sharks in their natural habitat!
5 Day, 5 Night Great White Shark Cage Diving Tour Highlights
- A longer and more versatile winter cage diving tour with Great White sharks!
- Surface or ocean floor cage diving experience
- Australian sea lion swim
- Neptune Island tour with a leafy sea dragon and cuttlefish dive (weather dependent)
- Meals and snacks
- Lodging on the vessel
- Educational shark talks
What to Expect
Frequently Asked Questions about 5 Day, 5 Night Great White Shark Cage Diving Tour
The Neptune Islands are a unique and reliable location for great white shark diving throughout any month of the year. The ‘best times’ are decided from a whole combination of factors including current trends of shark reliability, shark numbers, average shark size, potential productive weather, water temperature, and water visibility.
To attract sharks, they use a natural tuna fish mix. Although the Neptune Islands are a natural feeding ground for great white sharks, we have found that a form of shark attractant is still required. Over its 50 year history, the tour tried many things and the natural tuna scent is what provides the best results. All interaction with the sharks is carried out by a trained crew and a strict code of conduct.
The Neptune Islands are home to thousands of long-nose fur seals, which provide a significant natural feeding source for great white sharks making this location a reliable year-round destination to view great white sharks. It’s unreasonable to expect great white sharks to always appear as soon as the tour drops anchor (though this does sometimes happen) and there is different weather and shark seasons throughout the year.
To better ensure reliable viewing, the tour offers different itineraries for different seasons of the year. This multi-day overnight tour uses both ocean floor and surface cage dives, giving expedition members superior diving advantages including the highest success in seeing great white sharks and in achieving quality images and video. Enjoy the entire expedition with sunrises and sunsets, as time is spent actually out on location with no wearying daily transfers. In addition to this, while onboard the industry's largest vessel, they carry a maximum of just 12 guests, allowing plenty of un-rushed and un-crowded cage time for everyone.
You are very welcome to bring your own diving equipment but all diving needs for diving with the great whites can be hired onboard the vessel. This can be ordered at the time of booking.
For a Great White Night Expedition, this is your checklist:
- Warm clothing – Fox Expedition clothing available for purchase on board
- Comfortable flat shoes
- Dive certification card (divers must show qualification to participate in the ocean floor cage dive)
- Dive gear – can be hired onboard, see website for more info
- BCD if wanting to dive/not snorkel with Australian Sea lions -some BCD’s available for hire – please check for availability and sizing
- Sunglasses – polarized recommended
- Batteries – for cameras
- Sunscreen and hats (Rodney Fox hats are available for sale)
- Personal medical and toiletries
- Seasickness tablets
- $210 for Environmental Fee
What you do not need to bring:
- Towels for personal use and diving
- Please do not bring any alcoholic beverages onboard as they have a 'Ship's Bar Only' policy.
- Food/snacks - Meals and some snacks are provided, other snacks and soft drinks are available for purchase
- SCUBA tanks, fins or weight belts
Absolutely! There is no diving experience required for surface cage diving or viewing the sharks topside from the boat. There are have qualified dive professionals onboard who look after all our new surface cage diving guests. Dive crew will ensure you are briefed and comfortable before getting in the cage. Plus, with small guest numbers, there is no pre-determined time that you must get in the cage. Guests can relax, watch the sharks from the surface, and then when YOU are ready, get in the water. Surface cage time is unlimited and we look for all guests on board to get fair and equal shark time.
All customers must pay a $120 Neptune Government fee
Reviews for 5 Day, 5 Night Great White Shark Cage Diving Tour
Total review count and overall rating based on Backpackerdeals and Travello reviews.
We’d love to hear about your experience! Share your feedback with us, and get rewarded!
All customer cancellation & refund requests are also subject to our website’s own refund conditions.