Join a leisurely & relaxing cruise across Lake Mapourika before taking a walk through the Okarito Kiwi Sanctuary on an exclusive & secluded rainforest trail.
Lake Mapourika Cruise & Rainforest Walk Highlights
- Get up to $10 cash back per person when you book with us
- Scenic cruise across the reflective waters of Lake Mapourika, with stunning views of the surrounding mountains & glaciers
- A guided walk along the private rainforest trail within the Okarito Kiwi Sanctuary, with the use of walking poles if required
- Warm tea or coffee onboard to keep you warm, even in winter
- Friendly & knowledgeable skipper who'll provide fascinating insights into this beautiful region
- Convenient return transfers from Franz Josef, if required
Where we Visit:
- Lake Mapourika
- Okarito Kiwi Sanctuary
What to Expect
Frequently Asked Questions about Lake Mapourika Cruise & Rainforest Walk
The Hanna-k is fully covered to keep you warm and dry in all weather conditions. You can even sit on the back viewing deck while remaining dry!
Lake Mapourika holds equally beautiful qualities in the rain as it does on a bluebird day. On a drizzly day enjoy dramatic clouds sweeping over the Alps and a beautiful lush misty rainforest surrounding the lake. In the rain, this is a true west coast experience! We provide wet weather equipment for any walking tours during wet weather.
- Sunglasses or a cap
- Any food or drink (optional BYO wine or beer for evening cruises)
Reviews for Lake Mapourika Cruise & Rainforest Walk
Total review count and overall rating based on Backpackerdeals and Travello reviews.
We’d love to hear about your experience! Share your feedback with us, and get rewarded!
All customer cancellation & refund requests are also subject to our website’s own refund conditions.