See the region’s wildlife as you’ve never seen it before, as aquatic and forest creatures stir to life in the morning sun at Cairns Aquarium
Cairns Aquarium by Sunrise Highlights
Get up to $10 cash back when you book with us!
Private access to the Cairns Aquarium before the general public arrives
Two hours of exploration with a wildlife educator leading the way at dawn
Ten different environments, including reefs and rainforests
Discover how the behaviors of animals adjust between night and day
Look at more than 16,000 species of reef fish, river fish, and gorgeous live corals
Get up and personal with sharks, rays, groups and trevally
What to Expect
Frequently Asked Questions about Cairns Aquarium by Sunrise
- All images you take are for your personal use and cannot be used for commercial purposes without written consent from Cairns Aquarium.
- For the health and safety of our animals, please do not use flash photography.
- Photo extension poles (selfie sticks), as well as all electronic devices, may not be used to cross into the exhibits.
- For the safety of your pet and our animals, pets are not allowed in our facility. Accredited assistance animals are permitted in accordance with the Disability Discrimination act, we reserve the right to request evidence of legal documentation and an identification jacket for your service animal. For the safety of our visitors and your pets, we request that pets not be left unattended at any time outside the attraction.
- As per the Queensland Smoking Regulation by-law, smoking (including e-cigarettes or vape pens) is prohibited anywhere on Aquarium property, including outdoor areas unless signed as a designated smoking area.
The aquarium is wheelchair accessible with designated disabled parking available in front of the building. There's a ramp located to the right of the entry stairs that leads to wide self-opening doors, making entry to the building and ticket office convenient for all. Inside, there are disabled toilets with a shower featuring a fixed fold-down seat and detachable shower rose, and a baby change table on both levels one and two.
An elevator next to the escalator provides access to the upper level without any need to turn or back out. The pathways throughout the aquarium are wide, hard-surfaced, and all exhibits are easily viewable from wheelchair height. On level two, visitors can also enjoy a touching experience at wheelchair height.
The aquarium has two theatres, both with tiered benches. Although only the top level is accessible for wheelchair users, the displays are still fully visible from this level.
If you need to take a break or grab a bite to eat, Dundee’s Coffee Shop and Restaurant is located adjacent to the aquarium. The café and restaurant can be accessed from the Aquarium foyer or from Florence Street via a ramp next to the stairs. They serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner in a unique venue where one entire wall is a fish tank. Wide aisles and movable seating provide a full choice of dining locations, both inside and outside on the veranda.
Reviews for Cairns Aquarium by Sunrise
We’d love to hear about your experience! Share your feedback with us, and get rewarded!
All customer cancellation & refund requests are also subject to our website’s own refund conditions.